- This topic is empty.
December 11, 2020 at 8:30 am #547Jennifer LeidyGuest
by Matt Rasmussen
- Release date: May 13, 2013
- Awards: Walt Whitman Award (2012), Minnesota Book Award for Poetry (2014), National Book Award Finalist for Poetry (2013), Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Poetry (2013)
- ISBN: 9780807150863 (080715086X)
- Language: english
- Genres: poetry, fiction, death, school
- Publisher: Louisiana State University Press
- Author: Matt Rasmussen
- Format: paperback, 64 pages
About The Book
In his moving debut collection, Matt Rasmussen faces the tragedy of his brother s suicide, refusing to focus on the expected pathos, blurring the edge between grief and humor. In Outgoing, the speaker erases his brother s answering machine message to save his family from the shame of dead you / answering calls. In other poems, once-ordinary objects become dreamlike. A buried light bulb blooms downward, a flower / of smoldering filaments. A refrigerator holds an evening landscape, a tinfoil lake, vegetables / dying in the crisper. Destructive and redemptive, Black Aperture opens to the complicated entanglements of mourning: damage and healing, sorrow and laughter, and torment balanced with moments of relief.
PDF book Black Aperture Matt Rasmussen on Kindle on Amazon. Hardback Black Aperture download. TXT ebook Black Aperture by Matt Rasmussen read.